Friday, June 5, 2009

FOTB- Jeff's Burger

Jeff's Burgers is tucked away in the shops at La Jolla Shores. A quick walk from the beach to 152 Avenida De La Playa in La Jolla, Jeff's Burgers has been there as long as I know. Parking is a huge problem, but then again it's always a huge problem in La Jolla (the only place that attracts more tourists than La Jolla is Disneyland... this fact may be purely anecdotal and not based on any real data).

The Food: 2.5/5 Stars
Jeff's Burgers is a simple menu, consisting mainly of burgers and gyros. Their gyros are really good, unfortunately we're here to score their burgers. Their burgers are big, which helps a lot. Their quality of meat isn't too high and that's the problem. Jeff's tastes similar to what you make in your backyard or at a picnic. It's a large hunk of average beef thrown on the grill. It doesn't taste like much of a dinner burger, but it's good on a hot summer day.

The Drinks: .5/5 Stars
With almost no drink offerings at all, Jeff's just barely earned anything in this category. Your choices include the soda fountain or a milkshake. It's a good thing that their milkshake is decent, but with such a lack of choices, it needs to be amazing. It's not.

The Atmosphere: 2/5 Stars
Jeff's Burger is walking distance to the beach, which is a big plus, but that's all it has going for it. The inside is sanitary-white: the tile floors, walls, and ceiling. I understand that it is low-maintenance. The lack of anything allows for easy washing, because all day long, people drag in sand from the beach, but just not enough attention was put into making the place look better. Also, a negative is their early closing time, which makes eating dinner there difficult; getting the boot at 7 sucks.

Overall: 2/5 Stars
It doesn't really feel fair for me to rate Jeff's Burgers to all of the other places on the list. Jeff's Burgers is in it's own microcosm. The only time I think of going to Jeff's is when I'm at the beach; I'm not giving up my parking spot, so I make the walk over and chow down. If I'm not at the beach, I never think of going to Jeff's. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here, but if you can't give up your parking spot to some fat, pasty Zonie, it's a good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment